The Havelock-Craven County Public Library is now accepting applications for:
Library Assistant II
Permanent, Part-Time Technology Assistant
Applications may be picked up at the library or printed from the links at the bottom of this page. Please submit a cover letter with your application by Friday October 25, 2019 to:
Havelock-Craven County Public Library
Attn: Rebecca Lucas, Librarian
301 Cunningham Blvd
Havelock, NC 28532
or email to:
Library Assistant II
Permanent, Part-Time Technology Assistant at Havelock Public Library
Seeking a dynamic individual with the ability to work effectively in a busy multi-tasking team environment, and with current knowledge of computers, networks, popular devices, and social media.
Strong customer service skills and attention to detail required.
I Functions as library’s Tech Team delegate under supervision of Branch Manager and regional IT Coordinator; some travel required
- Ability to maintain, install, configure, and troubleshoot PC and network-related hardware/software
- Proficient at utilizing current technology and office management software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and popular apps
- Keeps accurate inventory of all electronic devices
- Assists in promoting and marketing library programs and activities by creating and distributing flyers and materials pertaining to programs, creates website and social media posts
II Member of library service team
- Acknowledges each library patron with a pleasant greeting and aids patrons with library and technical questions in a friendly and helpful manner
- Registers patrons, distributes materials, processes overdue items, assists with interlibrary loans and reserves, and shelves library materials according to library policy
- Uses the library catalog to answer basic reference questions, and assists patrons in locating print/digital materials
- Participates in preparing displays and in library programs and activities
- Must be well organized and able to work well with non-technical staff and patrons
- Accurately retrieves, sorts, and shelves materials, shelf-reads, and shifts collections as needed
- Performs collection maintenance activities such as minor repairs to materials, weeding, identify and reconcile collection issues, etc.
- Performs routine and specialized clerical tasks such as data entry, answering the telephone, ordering/receiving/processing and de-acquisitioning of library materials, assists in maintaining accountability records, and in performing shelf inventories
- Implements the library’s policies in an equitable manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Incumbent may perform physical exertion such as long periods of standing, bending, crouching, stooping, etc.
- Incumbent may be asked to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Monday, Wednesday 4-8pm, Thursday 10-6pm, Friday 2-6pm, every other Saturday 10-4pm
Graduation from a two year college or technical school and 1-2 years of experience in library work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Excellent computer skills required.
Salary & Benefits:
$11.00-$12.00/hr. Includes holiday pay. Sick and vacation leave accrual after a 4 month probationary period. Position is eligible for the NC Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System.
Please submit a completed Craven-Pamlico-Carteret Regional Library application and cover letter to the Librarian.